Lingerdog's World

My blog focusing mostly on my creative writing endeavors, but also with updates on my life and how I am serving God.

Not Anymore
Not that person you once were anymore,
and it frightens me.
See you've made it through that swinging door,
and stand for all to see.
Unashamed in your standing,
unabashed in your way.
Proud and high,
facing each day.

A Decision
Feelings I have longed for
since I can remember
but feelings I can't share
not a peep into her ear.
It's more than she is ready for
and though it breaks my heart
I have to let her go her way
for that is where we start.
There can be no more
than what we have now
and honor her wishes I must
that is my solemn vow.
She came to me upon a dream
and melted my heart of stone
and left me lonely in the morn
once realized I the dream was gone.
How can a man make known
his feelings in the matter
without appearing weak
and stirring up a clatter.
I know he thinks
it's no big deal
but in his heart
he believes it's real.
So much to lose
if he should speak
and frightened man laments
why am I so weak?
No one wants a man
who is so timid
afraid to speak what he wants
while keeping the truth hid.
He's been burnt before
and knows she has been too
and struggle with this he must
what should a brave man do?
Overstepping boundaries
stated time and time
he cannot lose her now
he cannot cross that line.
So he tries to decide
which path to take
hold his silence, or speak up
which one should he make.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lingerdog's World

A Blog Dedicated to the ins and outs of my life, with occasional trips into creative writing.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love writing and am rediscovering that passion. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and want to tell as many people as I can about him and what he has done for me.