Lingerdog's World

My blog focusing mostly on my creative writing endeavors, but also with updates on my life and how I am serving God.

I was feeling down, this is what came out of it, don't know if you'll like it, but I think the title is the best I have ever come up with yet. And if I've never said it before, thanks for reading, you could be off doing so many other things and you took the time to read something I created, thanks. God bless you all.

The Uncountable Burden Of immeasurable Loss


Empty like a broken heart

Crushed upon the rocks of love

To the sound of brass bells

Ringing in some distant courtyard

As the gallows are prepared

And the hangman readies the noose

Soon it will meet its fated victim

Who waits patiently in his cell

For the appointed hour

And a brief respite from cruel

Unjust, uncaring, unfeeling

Fate

Like the turtle dove of mourning

In the foggy reaches of the mind

A cry is lifted to the heavens

For mercy at this punishment

So unfitting it is

So callous

And yet just

A little late in coming

All avoided with a different answer

I do, I don’t

Flee this crimson heart

My blood falls as tears

Into this page I write my sorrows

For it was never too late

It was never meant to survive this long

You didn’t understand

Couldn’t see how I hurt

What you had done to me

Reaching into me

Pulling out the things I held most dear

Trust, companionship

Love

And trampled upon them

With your cloven hooves

Talking to me with your forked tongue

You smile at me

With yellowed teeth

Still not getting it

The pain you caused

I never let you see me cry

You would have fed upon my sorrow

And I would have been left dry

A shell of what I was

And that would have made you happy

For sure it would have

To see me crying

Over the corpse of our life

You could have laughed in my face

Spit on my pain

And you still don’t understand

It’s you that did this to me

Left me in this place

So when you ask me why

If it’s the memory of you

That saddens me so

No,

It’s just the uncountable burden

Of immeasurable loss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lingerdog's World

A Blog Dedicated to the ins and outs of my life, with occasional trips into creative writing.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love writing and am rediscovering that passion. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and want to tell as many people as I can about him and what he has done for me.