Lingerdog's World

My blog focusing mostly on my creative writing endeavors, but also with updates on my life and how I am serving God.

Man it's been a while.

I've been changing more than I knew. Thought things were one way when they were another, but the outcome didn't crush me. A year and a half ago I would have probably felt like the world was caving in around me, apparently I've become stronger through Christ who strengtheneth me than I knew.

And because I wasn't crushed, good things came out of it. I made a new friend, well I didn't make the friend but rather met the friend.

I've been trying to convince her I'm weird but either it isn't working or she is too nice to tell me I'm weird.

It's been a great week. A great month.

A month ago I had never been door to door witnessing and my friend Michael invited me to go with him, so we went and put tracts on cars. We did the same the next week, and then we made ourselves go door to door the next. And we had to push ourselves, or we might have backed out. This week we hope to have twenty men leaving from the church to do this. Some say twenty is a lot, I say god could bring us 20,000 if we let him work, in our hearts, in our minds and we get a passion for reaching the lost.

I can't speak for Michael, but I know how my heart has been changed by this, how eager I am to get out there and tell more people about Jesus Christ and what He has done in my life.

And just now I realize a thought that has been circling since it was brought up in conversation earlier. If I hadn't been so anxious and afraid of things my whole life, God couldn't show how fearless I am now.

I'm no longer afraid to witness, no longer afraid to have a girl who's just a friend (note to self, probably should have done that years ago), no longer afraid of rejection, and I feared that bad boy like a plague.

In other words, I have a clearer picture of who I am now. I've been in a cocoon of my own making for the most part and I'm finally braving the outside world. Thank you God for the strength to become the man you would have me to be. To not be afraid of the unknown, to not over think everything, thank you for giving me the ability to let go, and let you reign in my life.

I don't think I've ever been happier in my life.

And now a little Fireflight for your listening pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lingerdog's World

A Blog Dedicated to the ins and outs of my life, with occasional trips into creative writing.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love writing and am rediscovering that passion. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and want to tell as many people as I can about him and what he has done for me.